PREMEDINFO-L Archives

September 2011, Week 4

From:
Kelly Gentry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Sep 2011 10:07:44 -0400
Research Opportunities
in Neurosurgery & Brain Tumors!

Down the street at
Weill Cornell Medical College
+ Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center

If you're interested in learning about the extraordinary medicine needed to treat brain tumors & getting involved in exciting clinical research projects –
Please email a brief CV & statement of interest to:  [log in to unmask]

THIS OPPORTUNITY IS FOR UNDERGRADUATES AND POST-BACCALAUREATE STUDENTS

REMINDER:
Proper Etiquette in Responding to Listserv Postings

Job, volunteer, and internship postings that are sent out on the listserv are professional and should be responded to professionally. It is unacceptable to send the contact person an e-mail that just simply says: “I’m interested” or to use text message lingo in a response.

All e-mails or letters should have a greeting and a closing in addition to proper punctuation and grammar.

For Example:
Dear Ms. Smith:
My name is Sally Jones, and I am interested in the posting that was sent out on the Hunter College listserv. I am an undergraduate student at Hunter College, pursuing dental school and an opportunity to work in your office would be a great learning experience.

Attached are my resume and cover letter.

Thank you for your time.
Sally Jones
111-222-4545

For more information on Resume, Cover Letter, and Letter of Interest writing please see the Career Development Office located on the 8th floor of the East Building and view their website here: http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/studentservices/cds/welcome