PREMEDINFO-L Archives

October 2023, Week 4

From:
Kemile Jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2023 17:40:28 +0000
  I'm part of a nonprofit called Hearts for Health. Our goal is to cultivate the altruism of students by creating programs for mentorship, volunteering and more.

We recently launched our newest program: MED-Tank, inspired by Shark Tank and based on the idea of "students helping students" in that we support fellow peers with creating their own service-oriented programs. Our aim with MED-Tank is to provide a space where selected Contestants pitch their projects or programs to a panel. If these pitches merit support, we bring in Project Developers to join their teams and help bring these ideas to life. The application deadline to apply as either a Project Developer or Contestant is Friday, October 27th at 11:59pm CT. Attached are flyers with a QR code to our application.

We are hosting webinars with individual advising offices to spread the word about applications for both roles, as a Project Developer and Contestant. We are reaching out to ask if your office would be interested in having us present a webinar on either or both positions. We will cover the below topics and have time for a dedicated Q&A at the end.
*	What is MED-Tank?
*	Expectations
*	Confidentiality & Guidelines
How to App
Your message is ready to be sent with the following file or link attachments:

Premed Think tank

Note: To protect against computer viruses, e-mail programs may prevent sending or receiving certain types of file attachments.  Check your e-mail security settings to determine how attachments are handled.