STUDENTCAUCUS-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

STUDENTCAUCUS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Jillian Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jillian Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:31:41 -0500
At 08:15 PM 3/23/2003 -0500, William Lim wrote:
>I would recommend that we wait until the outcome of Alisha's meeting at the
>Brookdale dorms before we decide whether we want a big event or a small one.

I think I agree with Will, but I don't think it's the best idea,
strategically speaking.
If we wait too long, we won't get anything. Better to book and cancel than
to be stuck with nothing.
I think both 217HW and the West Lobby are amenable to a low turnout. In the
W Lobby, we'll just get students sitting eating their lunch and not
listening. In 217, the chair arrangements can make a small crowd feel a bit
bigger, even though we don't get the 70 or so "capacity" of students.
Either way, promotion will be important, like ads in the Envoy, etc.
As for a speakers list:
Senate/Student Caucus -- Jillian Murray
Media -- Envoy (Jenn Weiss??), Hunter Polemic -- Jon Gradowski
SLAM -- Rachel (the girl we met after Raab's meeting), Chris Day?
Clubber -- maybe someone from a major-affiliated club (Philosophy Club,
SPSA, Psi Chi...???)
NYPIRGer -- (Dan Jones??)
USG -- someone from Common Sense
Thoughts???

-Jillian

"Can it be that my fate as a novelist consists
in compromising all my heroes and heroines
in the eyes of well-bred people?"
-- Nikolai Gavrilovich Chernyshevsky, "What Is to Be Done?"
Jillian Murray
http://studentweb.hunter.cuny.edu/~murrayj