STUDENTCAUCUS-L Archives

March 2003, Week 3

STUDENTCAUCUS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Jon Gradowski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jon Gradowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 21:39:52 -0500
I don't think TAP is being cut. It is just being restructured: you get 2/3
of your award up front (the base) and 1/3 when (if) you graduate. The 1/3
you borrow from Federal funds which TAP pays back in full, including
interest. If for some reason you cannot secure a Fed loan, a State loan is
issued. See my website (don't tell anyone about it yet it's not fully
prepared) www.hunterpolemic.com and scroll down for primary budget documents
for more on this.