STUDENTCAUCUS-L Archives

April 2003, Week 3

STUDENTCAUCUS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
William Lim <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Lim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:22:58 -0400
Everybody's gonna have to take the CPE. I had to take it as a non-CUNY
transfer. Also I think beginning next year even people who've been at CUNY
before 1999 but haven't graduated yet will have to take it as well.

I don't know how we might abolish the CPE since it's a CUNY-wide thing.
Maybe we can try to get exemptions from the CPE, such as exempting students
with high SAT scores or high GPAs in the core courses. We can maybe also
exempt students with high scores in other quantitative tests like LSAT,
GRE, MCAT, or GMAT. Maybe even TOEFL for non-native speakers?

-WL