STUDENTCAUCUS-L Archives

March 2003, Week 4

STUDENTCAUCUS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Jillian Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jillian Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:30:23 -0500
We're on!
Campus Forum on Student Activism: Panel Discussion
Monday, April 7
2:30 - 5:00 p.m.
217 HW

Now: anyone who has been asked to speak, reply to me personally ASAP and
confirm that you're able to attend. I'll also want a brief description of
the topic you'll be covering, and what group you'll be representing. You
should, in part, answer the question "Why I consider myself a student
activist." In other words, we're looking to get an idea of all the
different understandings of what "student activism" is. Also outline
briefly what you do and why you think it's important. Give it a title, so
we can advertise with flyering. I'll be in touch later about how long
you'll get to speak, what kind of cross-questioning we'll allow from the
other panelists, and then we'll get an idea of how to field audience questions.
Also: we're going to want to embezzle funds from our various club
affiliations to pay for refreshments. I'm sure $100 in light snacks and
drinks will be fine. I can use the Philo Club funds. So if we can get 4
more clubs to give me $20 cash, when I've bought everything, I'll get each
of you a receipt which you can use to fudge receipts for your regular club
events.
This is really coming together -- my infinite thanks to everyone for their
creative suggestions!

-------
Jillian Murray
Vice Chairperson