STUDENTCAUCUS-L Archives

October 2003, Week 2

STUDENTCAUCUS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
runako taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
runako taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:38:49 -0400
  dear caucus

   I learned on Friday that our allocations had been changed from $1000, to
$750. I do not know why but I had to make the necessary changes in the
budget to accomodate. I am also in need of a treasurer for the club. The
person that currently has signatory powers may not be able to continue in
her role.
If any of you would like to assume responsibility and have a little extra
time to spare please let me know.

The caucus is also in need of a secretary/whip....someone to keep us
properly networked. This person would make sure that members are informed of
events and happenings such as meetings dates & times and keep members
updated on measures taken by the caucus.

NB - Next Senate Meeting will be held on Wednesday 22 of October. it will he
held in 714HW and will begin at 4 pm. If you are not yet a senator, you will
be voted in at this meeting so please be sure to attend. Also if you have
friends or colleagues that may be interested in joining the senate and
becoming a member please direct them to the Senate office on the 10th floor
of the East Building to fill out an application.....or have them email me @

As far as updates on all our topics discussed goes....I have made little
headway. I apoligise, but I have been preoccupied with organising affairs
pertaining to the club. I am in the process of procuring official office
space a phone line and other small necessities that will aid in our
operations.

Representatives have been attended the first Tech Fee Committe meeting and I
hear that it was a good meeting. Our representatives are Alisha and Jessica.
If you are out there please give a small report on what was discussed at the
meeting. Also please let us know what your estimate on getting a better
printing card deal is. As discussed at the last caucus meeting please tell
us what you think can be done to  have CompSci & Media majors take a role in
the affairs of ICIT/ SNET in and effort to reduce Tech Fee expenditures. For
those not present it was suggested that CompSci & Media majors be given
internships with ICIT/SNET for the purpose of mutual benefit to the college,
students at large paying tech fees and the majors in these dept who lack
experience in their fields.

As always stated. I am interested in your feedback.....whatever you have to
say an contribute can only be beneficial. Please note that there is a big
debate on smokers crowding the entrances to the school. I think that it is
important that we at least try to see where we stand on this issue in the
event that some resolution comes near and we head to the senate for a vote.

ex animo
runako

PS you may find updates to the senate on the website
http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/senate/
and the application form for vacant seats can be found at:
http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/senate/Fall2003%5B3%5D.htm

http://www.msn.fr/msger/default.asp