STUDENTCAUCUS-L Archives

March 2003, Week 3

STUDENTCAUCUS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Jillian Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jillian Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 20:58:48 -0500
The Senate Administrative Committee will be meeting tomorrow morning, where
I will be making the final arguments for putting forth this resolution at
tomorrow evening's Senate Meeting. Further edits and amendments are welcome
until tomorrow morning. This is how it now reads:

BE IT RESOLVED, That the Hunter College Senate opposes the governor's 2003
budget proposal to raise tuition at CUNY by $1,200,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, That the Senate opposes the governor's cuts to
financial aid programs such as SEEK and TAP

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, That the Senate demands that the State of New York
restore adequate funding for CUNY,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, That the Senate supports and encourages the efforts
members of the Hunter community to prevent the budget cuts, and urges
President Raab to take a stronger stance on the tuition hikes.

"Can it be that my fate as a novelist consists
in compromising all my heroes and heroines
in the eyes of well-bred people?"
-- Nikolai Gavrilovich Chernyshevsky, "What Is to Be Done?"
Jillian Murray
http://studentweb.hunter.cuny.edu/~murrayj