STUDENTCAUCUS-L Archives

March 2003, Week 3

STUDENTCAUCUS-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Jillian Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jillian Murray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 09:34:59 -0500
Ok, I think we have some different ideas going around here, and we should
decide soon what we want to do. I have to leave for a meeting in a few
minutes, so I'm just going to itemize some stuff:
-- Big event (HW lobby, 217HW) or small (senate conference room)?
-- Panel discussion of ~5 students on the topic of "How I'm a 'student
activist,' and why" (or something like that) each giving a 15-min
presentation followed by audience discussion, Q&A?
-- or... Just a big discussion group, with no panel?
-- Is this "informational" (much like the Brookdale Meeting next week), or
"controversial," (at least in the sense of having dialogue around opposing
viewpoints)

I'll have to do some digging around to find out if we can even reserve the
West Lobby. But we'll see.
-Jillian

"Can it be that my fate as a novelist consists
in compromising all my heroes and heroines
in the eyes of well-bred people?"
-- Nikolai Gavrilovich Chernyshevsky, "What Is to Be Done?"
Jillian Murray
http://studentweb.hunter.cuny.edu/~murrayj