HCJ-L Archives

April 2007

HCJ-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
"Gorelick, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:39:42 -0400
Peter's post makes me realize that I don't really have a clear sense of
how newspapers simultaneously put out their print and on-line versions.
What I'd love to see is a case study of one story that would show its
journey from reporter to editor to web to print to multi-media to pod
cast. Is the print edition privileged at all? Or are major exclusive
stories simply posted on the web site the moment they are finally
cleared through the editorial process? Do they work on the multimedia
versions of stories at the same time that the reporter is doing the
reporting? Or are the multi-media people given the finished product and
asked to  think of ways to use media to enhance it?

Steve