HCJ-L Archives

April 2007

HCJ-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Johanna Gustavsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2007 15:56:32 +0200
I had too find good advising at Hunter. By a combination of luck and ability
to single out smart and knowledgeable Professors early on, I found Prof.
Morris and Prof. Stein. Without them, their help and advices I would not
have been half as good of a reporter or writer today.

My Point being that I had to find them and not all students are able to find
Professors with the skills or will to help them more than absolutely
required.

In addition I would not have been half the researcher I am today if I had
not been taking classes with Prof. Kuechler in the Sociology dep. for two
years straight.  Today there is not enough (is there any) emphasis on
research in th Media department.  Research is the foundation of every
article and there need to be more focus on this aspect of reporting within
the dep.

Schlagersignaler till mobilen http://msn.cellus.se/