HCJ-L Archives

June 2007

HCJ-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Allison Steinberg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:42:44 -0400
Just want to point out that however problematic "instantaneous
reporting" may be, it is somewhat miraculous that we have access to
information so quickly. Most of the lies from Vietnam, for instance,
didn't surface until almost a decade later, when the public arguably
was no longer inflamed.

Today's biggest problems, I would argue, is not inaccurate information
via the news media, but misinformation that flows out of Washington
coupled with apathy on part of the public in their reaction to the
news.

One would think with easier access to news, we'd be able to form
dissent groups more quickly.

Best,
Allison Steinberg
646.413.8918