HCJ-L Archives

June 2007

HCJ-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
"Bernard L. Stein" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:04:17 -0400
This week's Village Voice harvests the fruit of the labor of this year's Jack Newfield class.

Newfield Professor Tom Robbins' superb story on the gentrification of Bushwick and how it comes at the expense of longtime residents is at

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/0726,robbins,77040,2.html/1

The story relies on the reporting of the students in his class and incorporates their writing with Robbins'.

The reporters are: Tony Antoniadis, Elizabeth Bieber, Robert Cruse, Ruben Gonzalez, Johanna Gustavsson, Miyako Hannan, Iesha Irish, Kelle Jacob, Alex Neustein, Tamaki Ondo, and Steven Rummer.

I urge you to read their work. We should be proud of them.

Bernard L. Stein
Professor of journalism