HCJ-L Archives

August 2007

HCJ-L@HUNTER.LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU

From:
Stuart Ewen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 12:42:49 -0400
Readers and Writers:

Starting with our latest issue, which just went up, we have
introduced a new feature.  In addition to publishing letters, op-eds,
and artistic commentaries that have been rejected by mainstream
publications, Rejected Letters to the Editor, will now include a
small number of original works, written specifically for publication
on RLTE's site. This issue, we have a piece by Sara Rich, the mother
of Suzanne Swift, a soldier in Iraq who was molested by her
commanding officer and after a leave, when ordered to return to war,
refused to go.  Rich is now an activist in the women's anti-war
movement, and her short essay addresses the criminal leadership that
has sent soldiers like her daughter into a war predicated on
calculated lies, and wreaked havoc on innocents. A very strong
statement.

For future issues, we invite readers to submit original short
writings to Rejected Letters to the Editor. If published, they will
be included in a new section, “Original Works.” Authors of these
pieces should try to keep their word count under 1,500 and aim to
transmit clarity of thought, unacknowledged knowledge, and vital ways
of seeing. Op-art or visual commentaries are also welcome.

Send in submissions and encourage others to do so as well. More and
more readers are embracing RLTE and your writings will reach a broad
and diverse national and international audience.

Best,

Stuart Ewen, Publisher and Editor-in-Chief
RLTE
PO Box 231371
Ansonia Station
New York, NY 10023