I think the locale for this forum shall be held in the philosophy club's office. Personally, I find that office cozy, informal and intimate. Moreover, since Jillian proposed it, I would imagine she would grant us dissidents shelter (for those who do not know, she's the treasurer of the philosophy club). Let us all say thank you to Hunter's Kofi Annan: Thank you Ms. Jillian Murray!

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Jillian Murray
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 9:06 PM
Subject: discussion about campus activism

Hi all,

Speaking with Dan Jones this evening, the hot topic of campus activism came up. Lots of students at Hunter are "active" in different ways -- clubs, rallies, college governance, political action groups and the like. Some think it's essential that they be out in the streets in critical mass. Others think their place is local governance. Some both. But it's rare to see students of differing "activist" methodologies come together and talk about why they think what they're doing is important. I'm interested in hearing students' arguments in a public, dialogue-driven forum. Does this sound interesting? What kind of format would this forum take? Maybe a panel discussion, brief, of 5 or so students from across Hunter's groups, then a full-blown group dialogue about the topic of college activism? Would anyone be interested in participating?
Thoughts?

Jillian Murray
Vice Chairperson
Hunter College Senate