Note that SLAM's attorney Ron McGuire has previously defended the so-called "Hunter 3" (students arrested at an antiwar rally earlier this year), and also Miguel Malo (arrested by Hostos campus security, similar circumstances). I assume he'll be taking this case pro bono, but nevertheless if I were the school's attorney the first thing I'd do is demand a full outside accounting of how/who will be paying any costs of litigation. It would be ironic if he's using school resources available to him as a CUNY faculty member to sue the CA.

-WL