senators,

I apoligise for not sending out an update earlier but i had school work to do.

I was dissappointed to have seen so few of you at the meeting last Wednesday. Persons present were Sangram, Linu, Caroline, our new club treasurer, and a new comer Anthony.

I am nevertheless confident that we will make progress in this year with regards to many of our issues.

topic 1:

out reach to clubs to gain more participating members a) volunteer is needed to write a letter of invitation and flyer to clubs inviting them to our Wed 12th Caucus meeting

b) we need a volunteer to make sure that USG and clubs are informed about Senate Meetings as well as caucus meeting, and their agenda items, esp. pressing ones. This can be done through letters and flyers

topic 2: brookdale campus nursing school classroom conditions

I will be working with Sangram on contacting and communicating with Dr. Neville and Brookdale facilities mgr. Robert Hendrix. We hope to have made substantial progress by the Caucus mtg of Nov 12, in which we will make a report on our progress thus far. Linu will be gradually informed on our progress as she was the senate representative from the Nursing school.

topic 3: all other things mentioned

I have sent out a letter from Dean Escott inviting students to speak with certain admins on our mtg topics such as: a) prices of sodexho--our new food vendor, b) use of the tech fee. Again I am asking for volunteers to meet with these admins on these issues to express the caucus view on these matters.

I am still perusing a document sent to the CUNY Board of Trustees on our Tech Fee usage. If you would like to check it out you may find it here   http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/icit/goals/200304techfeeplan.pdf

its from this website that has other resources http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/icit/goals/dectechminutes.shtml

from these I hope to learn what portion of our monies goes to printing fees and what portions are being ill spent, if there are indeed any.

That is the report of the last mtg. We also went over the agenda of the next Senate Mtg which is this Wednesday at 4 pm. I hope to see you all there. We will be sitting in our 'group.'

If any of you are interested I will be going over the very agenda at 3 pm on Wednesday in the Senate office 1018 E. If you would like to join me so that you know about the items and are well prepared in the event of a vote please stop by. Never pass up an opportunity to be prepared.

One more thing that I have to mention, in regards to outreach and topic one, I would like one person to join me ( a volunteer) in meeting with Fredericka Liggins of the SEEK Dept who is interested in helping us do outreach to Freshman. I think this will be a valuable opportunity to recruit some new blood into the Senate. We will be meeting on Tuesday at 2:30 pm in the senate office. Please let me know if you can make that time and would like to join me.

I hope that some of you will take up some of these proposals and join the good fight. Wishing you all the best in your studies and your lives outside of Hunter,

ex animo

runako

MSN Search, le moteur de recherche qui pense comme vous ! Cliquez-ici