Hi everyone,

Today, I was able to bring a coalition of students who went to Dean Judith Friedlander, Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences, to discuss how we can begin Arabic (intro and intermediate courses) at Hunter College in the Fall semester. She said that if we, the students present, provide her with a definite list of names of students, who are COMMITTED to taking the classes, she will got out of her way to create Arabic classes for us in the Fall ’04 semester. I know that there are many students interested in taking Arabic and if you are serious about your intentions then please email me at [log in to unmask] the specific information as follows:

1.	Specify whether you want to take Arabic for Beginners or Intermediate Arabic ( Beginners is no or minimal prior knowledge and Intermediate Arabic implies that you have the equivalent of 2 semesters in Arabic; able to write, read, and answer basic questions in Arabic)
2.	Full Name:
3.	Last Four Digits of Hunter ID #:
4.	Most time you would be free to take the class: (ex. Mondays and Wednesdays; 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. and Tuesday and Fridays 5:30 p.m – 7 p.m.) Feel Free to list all the times you are free to take the class because the more times we have students available at one specific time, the greater the possibility to have a class offered at that time period. The Dean assured me if it happens that there is such as demand as 30 students who want to take Beginners Arabic, she’ll be willing to open up 2 sections.
5.	Contact information: Email & Phone number

So, if you are SERIOUS about taking Arabic at Hunter College next semester then please contact me ASAP. I know many people have already registered for other courses and its very late in the semester but its better now than never. Send information to [log in to unmask] .

Best,

Mohammad Saleem