The Association of Hispanic Arts

presents

A “LATINAS IN LITERATURE” SERIES EVENT

Co-sponsored by El Centro de Estudios Puertorriqueños, Hunter College/CUNY

SUBJECT: Latina Poets Event @ El Centro de Estudios Puertorriqueños,

Hunter College/CUNY

DATE: Monday, November 22, 2004.

TIME: 6:30pm

PLACE: Hunter College, 68th Street & Lexington Avenue, Hunter-West Building,
Room 217

ADMISSION: Free.

CONTACT: Desi Moreno-Penson, Literary Curator & Project Coordinator, at
212-876-1242 or [log in to unmask]

ACTIVITY: An event celebrating the works of established Latina poets:

 Maria Aponte (Lagrimas de Mis Madres and I Will Not Be Silenced)

 Sandra Maria Esteves (Contrapunto In The Open Field and Yerba Buena)

 Magdalena Gomez (AmaXonica: Howls From the Left Side of My Body and Cha-Cha
in Love with Antonio Banderas).

Moderator: Lydia Cortes, Latina poet (Home Cookin’ and I Remember).

This event is part of the "Latinas In Literature Series," made possible with
support from the Rockefeller Brothers Fund,

the New York State Council of the Arts, and the New York City Department of
Cultural Affairs.

For more information on Centro Events, please visit http://centropr.org/events/index.html or call (212)772-5714.