Just thought you’d like to see how much it may cost for you to apply to your health professions schools.  This is one more reason for students to make plans EARLY so you can avoid problems about how to pay for applying!  Applying to schools all over the country is expensive but flying to remote locations such as Rochester, NY and Vermont are just as costly!  And most of you should apply to between 15-20 schools so you would fall right into this 16.69 average. Hope this is useful.  Mrs. Wood-Hill

Our students last year applied to an average of 16.69 schools nationwide, which is probably similar to your national pool.  Two years ago I did an estimated cost based on one student's actual costs for 15 interviews: travel,  AMCAS, secondaries, hotel/motel where rooming was unavailable, taxis, meals, clothing.  We arrived at a cost of just under $7,500.  If I remember correctly, we came up with $497 + per school.  The largest cost was for airline and rail tickets (his AMEX bill was frightening) and secondary applications.  With the cost of airline tickets now, I am sure the cost is somewhat higher.