This was a message sent by the postbacc leadership to their listserv
members.  It's well written and so I thought others would benefit from this
as well!

WORKING WITH THE PRE-HEALTH OFFICE: "HELP THEM HELP YOU"

Everyone with whom you interact is subject to be a witness for and against
you. So be nice. Very nice! Appreciative! Respectful! Courteous! all that.
This goes for not only your professors and advisors, but all administrative,
secretarial and other staff. Every interaction you have on this campus has
the potential to make its way into your committee letter - good AND bad.

Occasionally, some students carry themselves in an entitled, demanding, rude
manner, adopting an "I pay tuition, therefore life should be as I say it is"
attitude. Not going to fly. Unfortunately, there has often been an
over-representatation of this behavior in the post-bacc population. It is up
to this class of post-baccs to turn it all around, to improve how we are