Greetings,

I am a a member of the pre-med office, and a campus coordinator here at Hunter for a non partisan student organization called Americans for Informed Democracy (www.aidemocracy.org). We are currently recruiting faculty and fellow students from Hunter College who want to join us in attending an event at Times Square this Sunday to stand up against global poverty. The event is being hosted by the United Nations’ Millennium Campaign. For the first time in history, Time Square’s famous New Year’s Eve crystal Ball will make a non-New Years Eve appearance in an unprecedented event to support the UN Millennium Development Goals!

I have the distinct pleasure of inviting you to join us. In addition, I have copied below an announcement about the event. If possible, I would be most grateful if you could share this announcement with the rest of the students registered with the office/listserve.
Sincerely,

Constantinos Papadakis

Representative of Hunter College to Americans for Informed Democracy’s Stand Up Committee

Want to help end poverty?

Join us as we set the Guinness World Record for the most people standing up against poverty. Together we can end extreme poverty. The New Year's Eve crystal Ball will be there too!

On October 15th at 6 p.m., citizens from around the world will gather in New York City’s Time Square to stand up against poverty. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY, TIME SQUARE'S FAMOUS NEW YEAR'S EVE CRYSTAL BALL WILL MAKE A NON-NEW YEAR'S EVE APPEARANCE in an unprecedented event to support the UN Millennium Development Goals. A group of Hunter College students are going to Stand Up at Times Square. We are meeting outside the main entrance of the WEST building, (just outside the revolving doors) at 4:20 p.m on October 15th and then we’re going to head to Time Square as a group (we are leaving the school at 4:30 p.m). Join us and, if possible, wear a white shirt! Please let us know if you’re coming by e-mailing Constantinos Papadakis at [log in to unmask] because we’ll have signs and other exciting materials for everyone who joins us. Hope to see you on October 15th!!

Share your special moments by uploading 500 photos per month to Windows Live Spaces