I know some of you may have some other interests so I am sending you this
information.  It is a great opportunity for students who are thinking
medicine and PhD.  The experience is great, the salary is good, and the
mentorship is superb.  I have several friends who are on staff there and
they are very supportive of students.  if you have a lag year or just an
interest and you have been out of your BA for two years or less check this
out!  Mrs. Wood-Hill
  _____

  <http://www.training.nih.gov/student/images/nih_logo.gif>
  <http://www.training.nih.gov/student/images/spacer.gif>  Research and
Training Opportunities at the National Institutes of Health, Department of
Health and Human Services
<http://www.training.nih.gov/student/images/title_redo1.gif>
  <http://www.training.nih.gov/images/spacer.gif> Home  >  Student Programs
<http://www.training.nih.gov/student/>   >  Postbaccalaureate IRTA Program

Postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (IRTA)

  <http://www.training.nih.gov/student/images/bullet.gif>
<http://www.training.nih.gov/student/Pre-IRTA/irtamanualpostbac.asp> Program
Description
The Postbaccalaureate IRTA program and the National Cancer Institute's CRTA
program provide opportunities for recent college graduates to spend a year
engaged in biomedical research at the NIH.  U.S. citizens or permanent
residents who have received a bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S.
college or university and who have held the degree for less than two years
are eligible to apply. For more information, click
<http://www.training.nih.gov/student/Pre-IRTA/irtamanualpostbac.asp> here.

  <http://www.training.nih.gov/student/images/bullet.gif>
<http://www.training.nih.gov/webforms/afpi/application/afpiapp.aspx?appType=
P> On-line Application
Before applying, please review the Frequently Asked
<http://www.training.nih.gov/student/Pre-IRTA/postbac-faq.asp> Questions.

  <http://www.training.nih.gov/student/images/bullet.gif> 	Modify
<http://www.training.nih.gov/webforms/afpi/application/login.aspx?appType=P>
Existing Application or Check Reference Letters

  <http://www.training.nih.gov/student/images/bullet.gif>
<http://intramural.nih.gov/search/index.html> NIH Annual Research Reports
Find a scientist working on research you are interested in, using the free
text search feature.

  <http://www.training.nih.gov/student/images/bullet.gif>
<http://www.training.nih.gov/student/summercoords.asp> Program Coordinators

  <http://www.training.nih.gov/student/images/bullet.gif>
<http://preirta.nih.gov> Postbaccalaureate IRTA Committee Web site
Information about the Postbaccalaureate IRTA experience and the NIH
community.

  <http://www.training.nih.gov/student/images/bullet.gif>
<http://www.training.nih.gov/student/common/pbacposterday.pdf> 2006
Postbaccalaureate Research Festival Program
Information on the 214 posters presented by Postbaccalaureate and Technical
IRTAs in May 2006
[Adobe (.pdf) file]

  <http://www.training.nih.gov/student/images/bullet.gif> 	Question?
Questions about the Postbaccalaureate IRTA program? Click
<http://www.training.nih.gov/student/Pre-IRTA/postbac-faq.asp> here.

Home  |  Student Programs <http://www.training.nih.gov/student/>   |
Postbaccalaureate IRTA Program

Comments regarding this site are welcome. To contact us, click
<http://www.training.nih.gov/onlineapps/questions/application/questions.asp?
programId=0> here.

Page last revised October 9, 2006 (sva)