NIH Postbaccalaureate IRTA Program

I know some of you may have some other interests so I am sending you this information.  It is a great opportunity for students who are thinking medicine and PhD.  The experience is great, the salary is good, and the mentorship is superb.  I have several friends who are on staff there and they are very supportive of students.  if you have a lag year or just an interest and you have been out of your BA for two years or less check this out!  Mrs. Wood-Hill

Research and Training Opportunities at the National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services
Home  >  Student Programs  >  Postbaccalaureate IRTA Program

Postbaccalaureate Intramural Research Training Award (IRTA)

Program Description
The Postbaccalaureate IRTA program and the National Cancer Institute's CRTA program provide opportunities for recent college graduates to spend a year engaged in biomedical research at the NIH.  U.S. citizens or permanent residents who have received a bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. college or university and who have held the degree for less than two years are eligible to apply. For more information, click here.

On-line Application
Before applying, please review the Frequently Asked Questions.

Modify Existing Application or Check Reference Letters

NIH Annual Research Reports
Find a scientist working on research you are interested in, using the free text search feature.

Program Coordinators

Postbaccalaureate IRTA Committee Web site
Information about the Postbaccalaureate IRTA experience and the NIH community.

2006 Postbaccalaureate Research Festival Program
Information on the 214 posters presented by Postbaccalaureate and Technical IRTAs in May 2006
[Adobe (.pdf) file]

Question?
Questions about the Postbaccalaureate IRTA program? Click here.

Home  |  Student Programs  |  Postbaccalaureate IRTA Program

Comments regarding this site are welcome. To contact us, click here.

Page last revised October 9, 2006 (sva)