From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 3:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: SAVE THE DATE! Mentoring Minority Medical Student Luncheon Seminar from Mentoring in Medicine and Dr. Lynne Holden

 Dear Friend,

   You are cordially invited to participate in our Mentoring Minority Medical Student Luncheon Seminar on Saturday, March 24, 2007 from 12pm-3pm at The Abyssinian Baptist Church-Fellowship Hall located at 138th between Lenox Avenue and Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard (see attached flyer).  Students and residents are free.  The cost for educators and physicians is $40 payable at the door.

   Mentoring in Medicine is a nonprofit dedicated to addressing health care disparities by helping to increase the diversity of the health care workforce.  We are very excited to launch the medical student component with this seminar!  MIM has created a curriculum based on two focus groups with thirty one medical students from ten institutions in order to address the barriers, challenges and fears hindering success.

   We look forward to your participation.  Please spread the word to interested colleagues.  Feel free to contact me at (212)-252-4086.  Visit our web site at www.mentoringinmedicine.org

   I have attached a flyer for the luncheon and this week's JET magazine which features our college program--The Emergency Department Clinical Exposure and Mentoring Program--in an article on mentoring.

Expect the best,

Lynne Holden, MD

Founder and Executive Director

Mentoring in Medicine