OK. I see that my email yesterday was not clear and I apologize to those who
felt my frustration but did nothing to cause it-it was intended ONLY for
students who are applying this year.  However, I thought the following would
help everyone:

1.      The premedical packet is required for students when they are ready
to be assigned their committee member for their letter of recommendation for
medical, dental, vet school.  Traditionally students are ready for a
committee letter the year they take their MCAT, DAT, etc.

2.      In addition to the packet, ALL students should submit an updated
transcript (unofficial) and resume every year.

3.      Lastly, and this is the MOST IMPORTANT piece, every student needs
evaluations from faculty.  The Committee member writing your letter uses
these evaluations.

a.       The quotes from your evaluations go into your letter to supplement
and lend support to our recommendation of you to the schools you wish to
attend.

b.      Without such comments your letter cannot be done!

c.       YOU MUST STAY ON TOP of your faculty, TA's, and recitation
instructors to get these evaluations in to our office.  They can be done
on-line (the instructor has to call their dept. for the security code to let
them into the system or call us) or they can fill them out and send them to
us via campus mail.

d.      Faculty from schools outside of Hunter, employers, volunteer people,
and research mentors should send letters of recommendation on their
letterhead-they do not have to use our evaluation forms.

4.      ALL of this information is gathered into your Committee letter with
letters of recommendation sent as attachments.

5.      You are assigned a Committee person who will interview you and get
relevant information from you about yourself and your career choice.  The
Committee person can ONLY WRITE ABOUT what you have in your file.  If you
did volunteer work in China then you need some letter attesting to your
participation there.  If you are an EMT you need a letter from your boss or
supervisor!  If you have worked for the past two years as a full-time nanny
you need a letter from your employer, etc.

6.      People who are taking the MCAT in April or June will want a spring
committee letter.  If you are taking the test in July, August or September
you can wait for a Fall letter (Fall letters are done in October).

7.      Assignments are made on a first come, first serve basis and so the
sooner your file is complete the earlier you can be assigned to a Committee
member.

8.      Your file should be complete by the beginning of the semester you
plan to take the MCAT.  This way, my March 1st deadline will not seem to be
a burden.

Hope this helps clarify the process for everyone. Mrs. Wood-Hill

Director, Prehealth Professions Programs

Hunter College of CUNY

695 Park Ave, E812

NY, NY 10021

212-772-5244