As I am reviewing folders for Committee letter assignments, I find that many students are surprised at their GPA’s in science.  This is a bad thing to be surprised about when you are in the process of applying for your professional school!  Therefore, I would like to propose the following.

I will hold a raffle!  Everyone who submits their science GPA to me before March 30th will have a chance to win a prize (details about the prize will come later).  If you are interested, please go to the url below, calculate your science GPA and send it to me via email. I will then hold a drawing during a meeting in April (you will not have to be present to win) and one lucky person will take home a nice prize!

I am trying to make this an interesting challenge but please know that your science GPA is SERIOUS business!  Once you have calculated it you should see me if it is less than a 3.30.  We will talk about some strategies for improvement and/or other avenues open for strengthening your application for health professions schools.  My freshman and sophomore students should start doing this every semester from now on!  Juniors should be thinking about how to NOT take three science courses their last year so they can finish “on time”. And seniors who are ready to apply for 2008 should be in my office looking for ways to boost their GPA by the end of the summer!

 GPA CALCULATOR: All of your science and math courses should be included, and you should do one for Hunter and then a total one that takes in science grades from other colleges attended.     http://registrar.hunter.cuny.edu/subpages/gpacalculator.shtml

Director, Prehealth Professions Programs

Hunter College of CUNY

695 Park Ave, E812

NY, NY 10021

212-772-5244