I don't know. This is really tricky. I've never heard about a
completely web-based portfolio. It is an interesting question, though
mainly because online journalism is part of this new type of
journalism that is under construction right now, and it's normal that
we start struggling with the best way to show our work for new jobs.
I personally keep two portfolios: one in DVD with video segments and
another one on paper with articles and stories published in Brazilian
papers and websites. I have everything printed out as a back up and
also I try to write some URLs in my cover letter. However, I am not
sure if this is best way to present my work. What about segments
recorded for radio stations?? How could I combine everything in only
one portfolio??

thanks
Simone