Dear Students, Colleagues and other Listers:

The newest issue of Rejected Letters to the Editor has just gone up.
This issue has added an interactive feature will enhance the site as
a meeting ground for continual discussion and debate over issues
raised by the letters and op-eds we publish.  This development is
explained in the editorial. Please have a look and a read and add
comments that you think will edify people's understanding of
important issues and will promote public engagement.

Materials in this issue range from agribusiness' building of Confined
Animal Feeding Operations, or CAFOs, on desperate family farms (a
letter from a small farmer in Iowa), to the Nuremberg medical codes,
set sixty years ago, that aren't being followed by medical
researchers today, to the pictorial depiction of grief following the
Virginia Tech massacre, and much more.  As word is getting out about
the site, the range of letter writers is spreading.

Please let us know what you think.  Please write letters to the
editor and op-eds. If they get published, great! If not, send them on
to us.  Right now, we're particularly looking for letters on
immigration—hopefully some written by immigrants—and letters from
Iraq war soldiers and veterans.  We want international letters and
perspectives as well.  This issue has a letter about Thomas Friedman
written by a professor of journalism at Al Quds University in
Ramallah. (I don't know how he found us, but he did.)

Any of you who have particular contacts in these areas and others
should spread the word and encourage people to submit.

Best,

Stuart

Stuart Ewen, Editor-in-Chief and Publisher
Rejected Letters to the Editor (RLTE)
P.O. Box 231371
Ansonia Station
New York, NY 10023