Dear Students, Colleagues and other Listers:

The newest issue of Rejected Letters to the Editor has just gone up. This issue has added an interactive feature will enhance the site as a meeting ground for continual discussion and debate over issues raised by the letters and op-eds we publish.  This development is explained in the editorial. Please have a look and a read and add comments that you think will edify people's understanding of important issues and will promote public engagement.

Materials in this issue range from agribusiness' building of Confined Animal Feeding Operations, or CAFOs, on desperate family farms (a letter from a small farmer in Iowa), to the Nuremberg medical codes, set sixty years ago, that aren't being followed by medical researchers today, to the pictorial depiction of grief following the Virginia Tech massacre, and much more.  As word is getting out about the site, the range of letter writers is spreading.

Please let us know what you think.  Please write letters to the editor and op-eds. If they get published, great! If not, send them on to us.  Right now, we're particularly looking for letters on immigration—hopefully some written by immigrants—and letters from Iraq war soldiers and veterans.  We want international letters and perspectives as well.  This issue has a letter about Thomas Friedman written by a professor of journalism at Al Quds University in Ramallah. (I don't know how he found us, but he did.)

Any of you who have particular contacts in these areas and others should spread the word and encourage people to submit.

Best,

Stuart

Stuart Ewen, Editor-in-Chief and Publisher
Rejected Letters to the Editor (RLTE)
P.O. Box 231371
Ansonia Station
New York, NY 10023