From: Roxana Lash [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 3:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Medical Interpretation Training

Dear Madam;

Please forward this information to all interested parties.

I am pleased to inform you of the upcoming St. Luke's-Roosevelt Medical
Interpreter Training Program, to take place on September 8th and September
15th. This unique and exciting opportunity is open to bi- and multi-lingual
student volunteers.

Our course is in accordance with the standards set by the National Council
on Interpretation in Healthcare.  It enables its participants to work as
interpreters, facilitating direct communication between patients and health
care providers in a clinical setting.   The training is a two-day,
sixteen-hour course that covers the principles of professional interpreting,
issues of ethics and cultural competency, anatomical and medical
terminology, memory enhancement techniques and an introduction to the
resources of the hospital.

In order for students to qualify for the training we require that they be
registered with the St. Luke's Volunteer Office and that they pass a
language proficiency test, which may be taken over the phone or at St.
Luke's Hospital.  Due to an increasing demand for our training program, we
must begin the enrollment process as soon as possible.  Therefore, the
latest date we may schedule volunteers for the language test is August 17th.

Thank you very much for your attention.  I look forward to working with you
and your students!

For further information,  please contact Vanessa Lawrence at 212 523-2187

Roxana Lash
Director
Language Services Department
212 523-5078
1111 Amsterdam Avenue
MU-113
New York, NY 10025

Roxana Lash
Director
Language Services Department
212 523-5078
1111 Amsterdam Avenue
MU-113

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".