I thought I would alert you to a real problem for those of you readying for the August and September MCAT.  As you know, Prometric test centers are being used to administer the exam.

Many of these centers have old computers.  Old computers mean that scrolling back and forth will be a challenge and your ability to highlight may be non-existent!

Please check with your center and find out what type of computers will be in use and see whether or not you can see the machines and maybe fiddle with them in advance so that you know what you are dealing with (this may not be a realistic suggestion but give it shot).

I have heard horror stories around the country: scrolling problems, flashing screens, highlighting unavailable, network crashes that stop the exam for several hours, testing personnel showing up late and then taking attendance while the test is in session already!

I could go on and on but the bottom line is that medical schools are not hearing the complaints of advisors about this issue (so they will not take a bad score even it MCAT documents there was a problem) so you need to be prepared for any problems that arise.

The MCAT folks offer to have you void the test if there are any such problems and retake it at no cost at another time.

THIS OPTION MEANS POTENTIALLY SITTING OUT A YEAR AS THERE ARE NO MORE SEATS LEFT ON THE EAST OR WEST COAST FOR ANY DATES BETWEEN NOW AND THE LAST TEST DATE FOR 2007, September 8TH.

SOME SCHOOLS ARE NOT TAKING September SCORES!   (Downstate is one of them--I am trying to find out about other schools but so far have not gotten that information) so September testers should contact the schools they are interested in applying to so as to not waste money applying somewhere that will not take your September score.

I am not trying to frazzle you further but I want you all to be prepared for the possibility of a problem.  If you do have a problem, register a complaint!  Do not act as if everything is fine.  Note the name of the proctors as well and be specific about the problem.  Make sure I get a copy of any complaints filed.

Good luck and God Bless!  Mrs. Wood-Hill

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".