Please see this wonderful opportunity below.  You need to love animals but
not necessarily be a pre-vet student-maybe the experience will make you
consider this career!  Mrs. Wood-Hill

  _____

From: Beverly Wilson [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2007 3:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Pre-Vet Volunteer Experience at a Rescue Group

Hello Ms. Woodhill,

Five wonderful pre-vet students at Hunter College voluteer at the non-profit
cat rescue group KittyKind (www.kittykind.org). They help to give
vet-prescribed antibiotics, eye cream, etc. They gave me your name as a
reference to post for health volunteers.

KittyKind is a no-kill, all-volunteer rescue group that adopts about 2,000
cats a year. It is always seeking volunteers to help in any capacity.  Below
is a message requesting health volunteers. Can you post this message, either
on a school list-serv, or where you think is appropriate.

Please call me if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Beverly Wilson
KittyKind Health Volunteer
(212) 473-5673

Hello,

Many veterinarian schools require volunteer experience for admission.
Students in the pre-vet program can benefit from volunteering at KittyKind,
a no-kill, all volunteer cat rescue group.

KittyKind offers many volunteer opportunities. For example, volunteers are
trained to give veterinarian-prescribed antibiotics, eye cream, or
nutritional supplements. Pre-vet students can gain valuable hands-on
experience.

KittyKind is conveniently located the Petco Store, 17th Street and Broadway,
close to Union Square, in Manhattan. Please visit the website to learn more
about KittyKind.(www.kittykind.org)

We will be glad to document any time that volunteers spend at the adoption
group.  Please let me know if I can assist you in answering any questions. I
look forward to hearing from you.

Bev Wilson

KittyKind Health Care Volunteer

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".