Dear Colleagues,
I am passing on an announcement on behalf of Dr. Wendy Fibison from NIH/NIAID on the INRO outreach program for under-represented populations in the biomedical sciences.  In getting the word out, I was hoping, at least to dissemination some quick facts about this program, and at most, help organize an information session in late September for graduate students (week of Sept 24th), which we can host at Columbia University/CUMC or somewhere here in the city.  The deadline for program application is October 15.

If there is someone who works directly on these programs in your office, would you pass this on to them?  And let me know if you think it feasible for Dr. Fibison to travel to our fair city to meet with the students …I am happy to participate in some fashion in organizing the info session.  Thanks and please read below:

Intramural NIAID Research Opportunities (INRO), a program intended for students from populations underrepresented in biomedical research interested in exploring a research career in the areas of allergy, immunology, and infectious diseases. NIAID is seeking qualified applicants for the 5-day program to be held February 3–7, 2008, at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland.

Students selected to attend INRO 2008 will learn about the Institute and about training opportunities available at NIAID.  They will have the opportunity to listen to scientific lectures by world-renown NIAID researchers, tour Institute laboratories, and interview with principal investigators. The INRO program will pay all expenses for travel, hotel accommodations, and meals.

Applications open August 15-October 15, 2007

Please visit the NIAID Web site for student eligibility, highlights of last year's INRO program agenda, student testimonies from past programs, and detailed information about the application process. To access the INRO program and application site, please click on the link below:

www.niaid.nih.gov/labs/training/inro

--
Natalie Cox
Postdoctoral Affairs

Below is a description of our outreach program for NIAID:

[...]

Thanks for your assistance with the New York students!

Talk to you soon.

Wendy
301-396-6400

Wendy J. Fibison, Ph.D.
Associate Director
Office of Training and Special Emphasis Programs
Division of Intramural Research
NIAID, NIH, DHHS

 Disclaimer: The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is confidential and may contain sensitive information.  It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage devices.  The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)  shall not accept liability for any statement made that are the sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of the NIAID by one of its representatives.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".