At noon today, Eastern time, registration opened for the January 2008 administrations of the MCAT exam.  The system is running smoothly and as of 4:10 pm, we had over 1,300 reservations.

We have noticed one issue for which we would welcome your assistance in communicating with your students.  In an attempt to enter the Scheduling & Registration (S&R) system faster, examinees are opening multiple browsers or multiple tabs within a browser.  Since our system will recognize only one connection from a computer at one time, this behavior actually works against the student, because the connections will reset one another, sending the examinee back to the welcome screen.  The examinee will therefore never get out of welcome screen to the S&R login screen.

We learned of this method by monitoring studentdoctor.net and from some recent inquiries into our call center.  We will post the following message on our web site, but would also appreciate your assistance in disseminating it:

Helpful Hint:  Opening multiple browser windows and/or multiple tabs in a web browser decreases the chances that you will get into the system and is very likely to significantly increase your wait time.

L.Wood-Hill

Director, Prehealth Professions Programs

Hunter College of CUNY

695 Park Ave, E812

NY, NY 10021

212-772-5244

FAX: 212-772-5138

http://studentservices.hunter.cuny.edu/prehealth.htm

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".