Thanks to one of our persistent students the answer to your question is
below.  I just found out that Chemistry apparently generated a list for
students who are shut out of orgo lecture.  If you are on that list they
will be putting people in the class as space becomes available.  If you are
not on that list (I do not know how or when the list was generated) then I
think you should continue to surf the system.  Sorry for all the
confusion---I had no idea a list was even possible!

"Hi - what happened was we all had 8AM registration appointments, but
registration didn't actually start until 9AM. so between 8-9AM it would tell
us that registration was closed. on the registrars spring registration and
payment schedule it says that registration starts at 9AM but our esims
appointments were an hour earlier - i just kept clicking for 1 hour and
finally got it. very confusing."