From: Carolyn Bachino [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 10:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: student intern opportunities

Dear Hunter College professors,

I am writing to let you know and to ask you how I can let your students know that Gouverneur Healthcare Services is currently offering three internship opportunities and several volunteer opportunities. We have used Hunter students in the past and we were very pleased and impressed with them. A couple of the students that we used were enrolled in a course of study that required them to fulfill a certain number of volunteer hours before they could graduate but I am not sure what program that was, so if either of your programs requires this or you happen to know of another program that does, we would be especially interested in working with those students again.

Some of the internship positions that we are looking to fill are paid and some are not paid. Internship positions we are looking to fill include a part-time Program Coordinator for our Health Literacy Program, 5-10 health educators, and an Ambulatory Care Management Intern. Attached are the job descriptions for the two health literacy program internship opportunities. There are also various volunteer opportunities listed below. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or suggestions for attracting appropriate candidates to these positions.:

1.

Patient Escort Services

Sponsored by Gouverneur Healthcare Services

Assist patients in accessing services in various therapy programs, clinics, chapel services and special events. (more)

2.

Reach Out And Read Program at Pediatrics

Sponsored by Gouverneur Healthcare Services

Participate in the ROAR (Reach Out and Read) Program, and encourage pediatric patients to read by reading story to them. (more)

3.

Medical Interpretation

Sponsored by Gouverneur Healthcare Services

New Immigrants who speak limited English need help from those who can help them communicating with the medical staff.

This volunteer opportunity can be on site or through phone calls. The volunteers can come to the site to provide face to. . . (more)

4.

Recreation Programs for Nursing Facility Residents

Sponsored by Gouverneur Healthcare Services

Assist therapists in providing daily leisure activities to senior nursing facility residents, i.e., Bingo, current events, sports, discussion groups, out trips, readings arts and crafts on the wards or in open recreation room. Help organizing monthly birthday party for those. . . (more)

Sincerely,

Carolyn Bachino, MPH

Coordinating Manager

Gouverneur Healthcare Services

Quality Management Department

227 Madison Street

N.Y., N.Y. 10002

ph#212-238-7684

fax#212-238-7009

Visit www.nyc.gov/hhc

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this E-Mail may be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on this e-mail, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-Mail message in error, notify the sender by reply E-Mail and delete the message.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".