I did not know of this program, which is run by the California medical schools.  It might be of interest to some of you and so I thought the information useful.

Subject: Re: [HLTHPROF] US Med School Rec for International/Inner City Focus

Those outside of California may not yet be aware of the new PRIME (Program In Medical Education) 5-year programs at UC medical schools for those who want to work with the medically underserved.  Each UC medical school has a different focus (e.g. the oldest program at UC Irvine focuses on underserved Latinos, the focus for UC Davis is the rural underserved) and the curriculum for the additional year reflects this focus.  These programs are open to residents of any state (i.e. without the preference for California residents as found in most of the main UC programs) and PRIME students earn at least one master’s degree for the additional year of training (e.g. MPH or MBA or other, depending on the program).

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".