(blind copied to Chairs, administrators)

Dear all,

This is a plea for all students, staff and faculty to register for the CUNY
alert system as soon as possible. This system will function as our campus
notification system for closings, electrical outages, etc., but most
importantly, it is critical that faculty and staff are aware immediately of
potentially dangerous situations that could arise at Hunter.

We have become somewhat complacent since we have the fire and police
departments at our (almost) beck and call. There are emergencies that could
arise, however, where immediate action would be necessary ("lock you
classroom door"; "please leave the building and walk towards the park";
"there is someone carrying a gun in the East building" and more, as you are
aware). The Alert system provides the means of instantly notifying your cell
phone, computer or regular phone of what is happening and what you can do
about it.

Sign Up Now for CUNY A!ert!

Visit www.cuny.edu/alert <http://www1.cuny.edu/portal_ur/cmo/i/8/3/1.php>
and sign up for CUNY A!ert now!

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".