FYI.  Contact them directly for more information.

Subject: [HLTHPROF] International Programs Announcement

Greetings NAAHP Colleagues,

ISL is offering a new clinical program in the

Dominican Republic.

 Nine day 2008 programs $1485:

May 24-June 1 and  June 3-11

Two week 2008 programs $1685:

July 5-18

August 2-15

September 6-19

December 6-19

Offering clinical experience in general medicine and public health.  This program begins in Santo Domingo and travels through Las Matas de Farfan (Communities: Alto de los Copeyes and Villa del Carmen) Students have the opportunity to help those in need, gain valuable experience and discover the beginning of the America’s all in one location.

ISL still has spaces available for Summer and Fall in the following countries:

Hike for Humanity – North Central Mexico May 31-June 13 - $1485

Physical and Massage Therapy – Costa Rica/Panama August 16-29 - $1785

Public Health – Belize July 19-August 1 - $1685

Please consider placing the attached information on your list serve for pre-health students and forwarding to any appropriate pre-health student organizations.  Thanks to our students helping us staff these teams we estimate we’ll be serving approximately 35,000 of the underserved with varying levels of health care—thanks for the partnership!

More info at www.ISLonline.org.

ISL sends medical/dent/opt/public health/PT/vet/pharmaceutical teams to countries in Latin America, Central America, and Africa.  We include pre-health students on our teams as a way of preparing the next generation of international medical caregivers.  Students receive supervised hands-on experience, health related seminars, and financial sponsorship.

Listings of university, professional, and student references available upon request.

Sincerely,

Michael Birnbaum, Executive Director

International Service Learning

Members Texas Association of Advisors for the Health Professions and GHEC.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".