AACOMAS is available now for those of you applying to DO schools for entry into the class for 2009.  (everyone should be hedging their bets by applying to both MD and DO programs!)  In order for us to access the application data (status of your application, MCAT scores, acceptances and wait-list status) we need you to be sure that you check the access to application data box for health professions advisor.  Particularly for those of you who will apply in the fall this information will be required as part of your Committee letter readiness.

From: Health Professions Advising Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tom Levitan
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 2:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [HLTHPROF] AACOMAS 2009 is open for applicants

Colleagues

I am pleased to announce that the AACOMAS application cycle for the 2009 entering class opened yesterday, May 1.  We opened quietly because we have redeveloped the application (we hope making it more applicant-friendly and to provide better reporting on our side) and wanted to have a quiet “soft-launch” before going completely public.

After about 28 hours, we have almost 700 applications registered and all is well so I’m doing the formal announcement and asking that you all let your students know  --

“AACOMAS 2009 is open for applications!”  The www address is http://aacomas.aacom.org

And remember to encourage your students to check the box allowing access to application date for the health professions advisor.  That indication is necessary for the Advisor Information Portal to work for you all.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Thanks.

tom

Tom Levitan
Vice President for Research and Applicant Services
American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
5550 Friendship Blvd., Ste. 310
Chevy Chase, MD 20815-7231

voice 301-968-4148
fax 301-968-4101

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".