This is a must for anyone interested in medicine!  Dr. Holden gives priority to minority students and students from poor, inner city neighborhoods who have attended public high schools in NYC.

 Pay attention to the time requirements below! Do not volunteer if you can not do the hours needed.  Please let me know if you are accepted so I can note it in your file.

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 3:19 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Mentoring in Medicine/AECOM Summer Program--Looking for Students in College and Post-bac

Hello All,

  The Mentoring in Medicine Team is doing a final outreach to recruit premedical college and post-bac students for our summer program.  Particularly, those students who applied to other programs and did not get in or those students looking to get summer experience with volunteering, shadowing, community service and one-on-one mentoring.

  The Emergency Department Clinical Exposure and Mentoring Program at Montefiore Medical Center is accepting applications until June 1, 2008.  Please see attached flyer and distribute to your qualifying students who may be interested.  We would like to thank you in advance for giving us the privilege of working with your students!

Best,

Lynne Holden, MD

EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT

CLINICAL EXPOSURE AND MENTORING

PROGRAM

Sponsored by the

Albert Einstein College of Medicine

and

Mentoring in Medicine

v    VOLUNTEER IN A BUSY URBAN EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT (40-hour minimum required)

v    SHADOW A BOARD CERTIFIED EMERGENCY MEDICINE PHYSICIAN (12-hour minimum required)

v    PARTICIPATE IN COMMUNITY SERVICE ACTIVITIES (24 hour minimum required)

v    CONDUCT CLINICAL RESEARCH (optional 6 month minimum)

Eligibility:

1-Black, Hispanic or Native American

2-College (Freshman through Senior) and Premedical Post Baccalaureate Student

OR

1-Black, Hispanic or Native American

2-Students intending to reapply to medical school after one unsuccessful application

FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:

Name:             Dr. Lynne Holden

Program Director

Email:             [log in to unmask]

Phone:            (914)-374-5491

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".