Admissions will be sending a formal letter out in about a month but I wanted
postbaccs to know that they can apply for the Postbacc Certificate Program
now!  If you are a second degree student you will have to fill out an
internal application (so we can avoid more admissions fees) but it is not
ready yet, and you will have to be ready to complete the program with the 6
lecture/lab requirement.  You will also be asked to supply a personal
statement, a letter of recommendation from someone (someone from your
undergrad if you are applying this year would be most helpful for you) and a
passport picture (for the new photo book I am creating and to keep photos on
hand for applications to programs).  Pre-registration privileges will not be
available for the Fall (registration will begin too soon for this) but you
will receive priority registration in the Spring 09 semester.  Non-degree
students will also have the option of joining the Certificate Program but
will have to be switched to 2nd degree.  If you get inquiries from new
students they should know that as of Fall '09 we will only take in a maximum
of 90 postbaccs into the certificate program and the deadline for Fall is
always November 1st.  There is also a service component that all postbaccs
in the program will have to fulfill (14 hours a semester) and this can be
done in a myriad of ways so do not panic about this yet.  I will fill you in
as I learn more and plan more for the future but wanted you all to know that
we have finally gotten it together!  Have a great week-end!  We are only the
3rd program in NYC with a State of NY certified postbacc program-the others
are NYU and Columbia, so we are in good company!  :-)

L.Wood-Hill

Director, Prehealth Professions Programs

Hunter College of CUNY

695 Park Ave, E812

NY, NY 10021

212-772-5244/5242

FAX: 212-772-5138

http://studentservices.hunter.cuny.edu/prehealth.htm

Join the premed listserv!

http://hunter.listserv.cuny.edu

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".