The Prehealth Postbacc Certificate Program will officially begin in Spring ’09.  We need to ask that all students currently enrolled at Hunter who wish to be considered submit the following to our office by August 12th:

1)      Two letters of recommendation( one of these should be a Dean’s letter stating you had no disciplinary actions taken against you at your undergrad institution—this Dean’s letter can come after the August 12th deadline)

2)      a passport photo or recent head shot that is about 2”x2” in size

3)      a resume

4)      Unofficial copies of all transcripts.

5)      Calculated science GPA from your undergraduate science and math courses (http://registrar.hunter.cuny.edu/subpages/gradingsystem.shtml )

a)      Please give us a science/math GPA for courses taken at all colleges outside of Hunter College

b)      Please also give us a science/math  GPA for all courses taken at Hunter College

c)      Please give us a third GPA that combines all science courses, including those taken at Hunter

6)      If you have not yet taken courses at Hunter please send the GPA’s requested for all other schools you have attended.

7)      The attached application.

There is a mandatory service agreement that you will see on the application.  This does NOT apply to students who will be finishing their courses in Spring ’09. These students, those finishing their courses in Spring ’09,  will be the first students to receive the certificate during June graduation.  The service agreement DOES apply to everyone else.  We have not worked out the details of the service but it will be very flexible.  Students can volunteer to be study buddies with undergrads, organize study groups with undergrads, organize events of interest (blood drives, blood pressure screenings) volunteer to mentor freshmen, etc.  The service is designed to allow you to give back to the Hunter community in some way.  It is approximately 1 hour a week of your time.

The College is closed tomorrow and I am not back in the office until Tuesday.

L.Wood-Hill

Director, Prehealth Professions Programs

Hunter College of CUNY

695 Park Ave, E812

NY, NY 10021

212-772-5244/5242

FAX: 212-772-5138

http://studentservices.hunter.cuny.edu/prehealth.htm

Join the premed listserv!

http://hunter.listserv.cuny.edu

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".