This is an excellent opportunity for students who are serious about a career in medicine.  It is for students from disadvantaged backgrounds (educationally, economically, historically underrepresented in medicine).  Many of you will qualify but you must get everything done quickly!

Follow the instructions carefully and make sure you have all of the courses they require (even if you are repeating some of these courses).  The application is not difficult but there is a personal statement that must be written.  If you need help, please let me know; I will help you with the essays.

Order your transcripts as soon as you get this message if you are interested. I have made arrangements to give them unofficial transcripts since I know we cannot get official copies by the 18th.  I would love to see at least three or four students able to commit to the program for the nine months that are required.

THEY are offering a FREE MCAT review as part of the program.  PLEASE!  Take advantage of this opportunity!  I will of course write the advisor letter but you will need a letter from a faculty member as well.  If you have something in your file already we can adapt it to letterhead.  DO NOT DELAY!!!!!

Dear Colleague,
We are pleased to inform you about the Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, Office of Diversity-STAT Program (Strategic Testing Application Techniques for Successful Entry to Medical School).(Strategic Testing Application Techniques for Successful Entry to Medical School).  Attached, please find the program announcement letter, fact sheet and application.  Please share this information with qualified students at your respective institutions.  Please note that the application deadline is September 18, 2008.
Thank you,
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Office of Diversity Affairs

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".