Eligible students should be applying for this amazing, and free,
opportunity!  You must be ready to take the MCAT by Sept. 2009 so that means
you should have at least one semester of organic done and both semesters of
physics by summer 09, or you should have all of your organic done and one
semester of physics left to complete.  General biology and general chemistry
should already be finished before you apply for this program.  If your GPA
is a little lower than 2.8 please see me first.  An unofficial transcript is
OK.  If you have a recommendation letter in your file already we can use
that or I MAY be able to write one if I feel I know you well enough.

Due Oct 15th: Mentoring in Medicine Invites You to Apply to the MEDICAL
PATHWAY PROGRAM

Mentoring in Medicine Invites You to Apply to the MEDICAL PATHWAY PROGRAM

FEATURES (Program runs from December 2008-June 2009)

*      Academic  Tutoring (2 Saturday Mornings a Month)

FREE MCAT Preparation
Clinical
Emergency Department Internship at Montefiore Medical Center
Research
Mentoring

CRITERIA

*      Must be from an ethnic group historically under-represented in
medicine (Black, Hispanic or Native American)
Must be currently enrolled in a college (junior or senior) or
post-baccalaureate program in NY, NJ and CT
Must have a Science GPA of 2.8 or higher
Must be eligible to take the MCAT exam by September 2009

APPLICATION PROCESS

*Submit an on-line application at the below link:
 <http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=pJlRy29goIRKvADDXM3ypaw&hl=en>
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=pJlRy29goIRKvADDXM3ypaw&hl=en
(Cut and paste into browser)
Fax a copy of your transcript*
Fax one letter of recommendation from an advisor or teacher*
Interview

DEADLINE October 15, 2008 at 5pm to  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

*Join Menotring in Medicine Inc. on Facebook and be the first to know about
these opportunities*

Eli Gasinu, MSIV
SNMA Associate Region IX Director
D.O. Candidate, Class of 2009
UMDNJ-School of Osteopathic Medicine

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".