Students who are majoring in humanities or social sciences majors (ex: English or Psych) can apply for this program.  Please read the attached press release for further information.

Subject: Spread the word!

Dear Colleagues,

As you know, prior to the winter break the Leadership Alliance received a $500,000 award from the Mellon Foundation to expand summer undergraduate research opportunities in the humanities and social sciences at the participating research sites: Brown, Columbia, Harvard, Princeton, Stanford, Tufts, University of Chicago, University of Virginia, and Yale. The executive office has drafted a press release and we finally have the go-ahead to officially announce the new funding. We need your help in publicizing this new initiative to your campus community, particularly to the students at the minority-serving institutions. The executive office has proactively sent e-mails to students currently applying to the SR-EIP in the humanities and social sciences disciplines as well as to McNair Scholars. Moreover, we have posted the announcement on the Leadership Alliance home page.

Thanks in advance for helping us spread the word and have a great weekend!

Best regards,

Medeva Ghee, Ph.D.

Associate Director

The Leadership Alliance

Brown University/Box 1963

Providence, RI 02912

Tel:  401-863-9892

Fax: 401-863-2244

www.theleadershipalliance.org

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".