From: Muk Yan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 12:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: UMHS Saint Kitts is coming to Hunter on Friday, Feb 20th

Hi Ms. Wood-Hill,

I'm a member of the Hunter Post-Bacc Executive board and I was wondering if
you could forward this letter from Maxine Paul at UMHS - St. Kitts to drum
up interest in their information session that I'm helping to organize.  The
Friday, Feb 20th date is tentative and flexible.  If you could let me know
if anybody expresses any interest, that would be great!

They do not require the MCAT for admission and tuition is $7,800 per
semester.  They also have three entry dates per year: September, January and
May.

If you receive any replies, please email me so I can get an estimate as to
how many people can be expected.  If they could RSVP by Friday, Feb. 13th,
that'd be super.  They've also offered free pizza to all of those attending.
They can also schedule additional dates if anyone is interested.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much and take care,
Muk Yan

You may be aware, that U.S. medical schools are at capacity levels and
turning away thousands of qualified applicants each year. In direct response
to this health care crisis, Dr. Robert Ross, founder and former owner of
Ross University has recently established the University of Medicine and
Health Sciences, St. Kitts on a $40,000,000 state of the art  campus in St.
Kitts.

UMHS students are provided with cutting edge technology, an education based
on the American Medical School model and the only virtual hospital-based
experience in the Caribbean.  After four semesters, students return to the
United States to complete their 5ht semester in Portland Maine and conduct
the  clinical program at affiliated teaching hospitals throughout the
Country.

Our goal is to provide a quality medical education at a reasonable cost and
UMHS is committed to maintaining small class size and affordable tuition
($7800 per semester) At this time we do not require the MCAT.

I realize the possibility exists that some students may need to explore
alternatives to attending U.S. Medical Schools.  We believe that the unique
features and outstanding medical education offered by UHMS may provide a
potential fit for those students

Students interested in applying should be aware that we have three entry
dates per year; September, January, and May.

I am also attaching a link to the UMHS website for your review. If you think
this information may be of interest, please forward to your students.

Looking forward to meeting with you and answering any of your questions.

Sincerely yours,
Maxine Paul
Director of Special Projects
University of Medicine and Health Sciences, St.Kitts
umhs-sk.org <http://umhs-sk.org/>

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".