This is a reminder that the deadline to apply for the Fall 2009 session of
the USC Somos Hermanos Student Immersion Program is quickly approaching.
The Fall 2009 application deadline is February 22.  The goal of our program
is to increase the number of bilingual and culturally competent health care
providers in the U.S. through a six-month intensive language and culture
immersion experience in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala.

Students from any university who are between undergraduate and graduate
school in the health care professions (e.g. medicine, nursing, dentistry,
public health, physical therapy, etc...) are eligible to participate in this
program.  We would appreciate it if you would take the time to review our
website and send our interest e-mail (below) to any students whom you think
would be interested in participating in the upcoming or future sessions.  If
you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail us.

Please note that the application deadline for the Fall Session (July 5th,
2009 - December 18th, 2009) is February 22, 2009.  The deadline for the
Spring Session (January 3rd, 2010 - June 18th, 2010) is March 27, 2009.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Sincerely,

Joe Herrold and Elise Wach
Directors
USC Somos Hermanos
Student Immersion Program
 <http://www.somoshermanos.org/> www.somoshermanos.org

Dear Pre-Health Students,

This is a reminder that the deadline to apply for the Fall 2009 session of
the USC Somos Hermanos Student Immersion Program is quickly approaching.
The Fall 2009 application deadline is February 22.

Somos Hermanos aims to reduce the health care disparity experienced by
Latinos by increasing the number of bilingual, culturally competent health
care providers in the U.S.  The SIP is a six-month language and cultural
immersion program based in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala. The program combines
intensive Spanish instruction, a comprehensive lecture series, socially and
culturally relevant volunteer projects, weekly activities, and a trip to El
Salvador and Mexico to ensure our participants gain the language capability
and cultural competency desperately needed to serve marginalized,
Spanish-speaking Latino populations.

The SIP targets students who have completed their undergraduate education
and are taking time off before continuing on to graduate school in the
health professions.  We accept students who will be attending graduate
school for medicine, dentistry, nursing, psychology, physical therapy,
public health, and other health-related fields.

The application deadline for the Fall 2009 Session (July through December )
is February 22, 2009.
Please note that the application deadline for the Spring 2010 Session
(January through June) is also quickly approaching.  Applications for Spring
2010 are due on March 27, 2009.

For more information regarding our program, please visit our website at:
<http://www.somoshermanos.org/> www.somoshermanos.org, or e-mail us at

We look forward to hearing from you soon,

Elise Wach and Joe Herrold
Directors
USC Somos Hermanos
Student Immersion Program
 <http://www.somoshermanos.org/> www.somoshermanos.org

Gina Camello, M.Ed.

Director for Admissions

Keck School of Medicine, USC

1975 Zonal Avenue, KAM 100C

Los Angeles, CA  90089-9021

(323) 442-2552 ph.

(323) 442-2433 fx.

If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]".  Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".