The information below is for students who may have learning disabilities and are majoring in science or math.  Students do NOT have to be part of the Office of Accessability.  As this is a support program students do not have to worry about this showing up on their academic record.  It is COMPLETELY confidential.  If you have documentation from your doctor that you have a disability of some kind (ADD, dsylexia, etc.) you will be eligible for this exciting program.  Please contact Audrey Fields at [log in to unmask]  for more information.  Attached are all the documents describing the program, the requirements, and the benefits.

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 12:20 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: National Science Foundation Grant STEM

Dear Lolita:

Please find the attachments pertaining to the supports available to students with disabilities interested in STEM academic majors and careers. Per our discussion the gateway activity will be the MIND Alliance Summer Institute to be held at Hunter College June 15-19, 2009. (See attached vertical flyer). Following the students' participation in the MIND Alliance Summer Institute, the student will have access to a comprehensive web site, a mentoring program, an individualized career assessment, and participation in an annual science conference (see attached overview). There is no GPA cut-off to participate in the program. The program seeks students who are motivated to build upon their potential. An application form is attached to this e-mail.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with further questions.I will also bring additional copies of the materials to give students who may visit your office. Students may also read an overview and apply online at www.mystem.org

Thank you for your time and support. I appreciate your willingness to circulate this material by e-mail to students on your list serve.

Sincerely:

Audrey

Audrey S. Fields, MS Ed., CRC, LMHC
Project Coordinator
MIND Alliance for Minority Students with Disabilities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
Research Foundation
City University of New York
695 Park Avenue
New York, New York 10021
Tel: 212-772-4732
Fax: 212-396-6438

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> If you wish to unsubscribe from the PREMEDINFO-L List, please send an E-mail to:"[log in to unmask]". Within the body of the text, only write the following:"SIGNOFF PREMEDINFO-L".